43. YETI: The Ecology of a Mystery (New Delhi: Oxford University Press, 2017).
42. Just and Lasting Change: When Communities Own Their Futures 2 nd Edition co- author Carl E. Taylor (Baltimore MD: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2016).
41. The Mount Everest Guide to Off-road Driving (Franklin WV: For Words Press, 2014)
40. Empowerment on an Unstable Planet: From Seeds of Human Energy to a Scale of Global Change, co-authored with Carl E. Taylor and Jesse O. Taylor (New York: Oxford University Press, 2012).
39. CAIRNS—A Novel of Tibet (Franklin WV: For Words Press, 2011).
38. Community-based Conservation: Is it More Effective, Efficient, and Sustainable? Michael Rechlin and Daniel Taylor (Franklin, WV: Future Generations Graduate School Occasional Paper #27, March 2008).
37. Primary photographer in illustrated volume: Robert L. Fleming, Liu Wulin, Dorje Tsering, Across the Tibetan Plateau, (New York: WW Norton, 2007).
36. Just and Lasting Change: When Communities Own Their Futures, co-author Carl E. Taylor, (Baltimore MD: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2002).
35. Photographs in “Search for the Clouded Leopard,” National Geographic Magazine, September 2000.
34. "Population Environment and Development", co-author Carl E. Taylor, in International Perspectives in Environment, Development, & Health: Toward a Sustainable World, ed. Shahi, Levy, Binger, Kjellstrom & Lawrence, (New York: Springer Publishing & Rockefeller Foundation,1996).
33. "Interrelationships of Population Growth with Health and Human Habitat", co-author Carl E. Taylor in International Perspectives in Environment, Development, & Health: Toward a Sustainable World, ed. Shahi, Levy, Binger Kjellstrom & Lawrence, (New York: Springer Publishing & Rockefeller Foundation, 1996).
32. Something Hidden Behind the Ranges—An Himalayan Quest, (San Francisco: Mercury House, 1995)
31. Partnership for Social Development—A Casebook, (co-authors Carl E. Taylor, & Aditi Desai, Independent Task Force on Community Action for Social Development, (Franklin, WV: Future Generations & Johns Hopkins University, Dept of International Health, February 1995).
30. Community Based Sustainable Human Development—Going to Scale with Self-reliant Social Development, co-author Carl E. Taylor, (New York: UNICEF, February 1995).
29. “Mountains, Nations, Parks, and Conservation: A Case Study of the Mt. Everest Area,” in Mountains at Risk, Current Issues in Environmental Studies, (New Delhi: Manohar, 1995).
28. “The Rare Mountain Dog of Tibet,” in Dog World; Maclean Hunter; Nov 1993.
27. “Health Survey of Tibetan Villages North of Mount Everest,” co-authors Carl E. Taylor, Nancy Chin, Alex. Leaf; Gladys. McGarey, Anne Garrett, in Research & Exploration; (Washington DC: National Geographic Society, Vol. VIII, No 3, Summer 1992.)
26. AGENDA 21, United Nations Conference on Environment and Development, Mountain Issues project drafting committee, A/CONF/.151/PC/100/Add.18 Rio de Janeiro, June 1992.
25. “The Appalachians of North America: Marginal in the Midst of Plenty,” co-authors Daniel Schelling, Carol Nash, Jim Underwood, and Yarr Underwood; in The State of the World’s Mountains, (London: Zed Books & Mountain Agenda, 1992).
24. “Mountains, Nations, Parks, and Conservation,” co-authors Alton C. Byers, J. Gabriel Campbell, in (Dordrecht, Germany: GeoJournal, Vol 27, No 1, May 1992.
23. KyiApso News, Editor, Tibetan KyiApso Club newsletter, Franklin, WV, 1991-97.
22. Your Choice: Paths to Improving Your Small Schools, co-authors Jennifer Taylor-Ide, John Villaume, and John Eckman, (Franklin WV: Woodlands Mountain Institute, 1991).
21. Summit Magazine, columnist writing on issues of mountain cultures, 1991 & 1992.
20. High Himalaya—A Computer Generated Landscape Portrait, publication team member, Special Centennial Map Supplement, National Geographic Magazine, (Washington, DC: Nov, 1988, Vol. 174, No. 5).
19. “The Garhwal Yeti: Alternative Explanations,” Cryptozoology, Vol. 6, Tucson, 1987.
18. The West Virginia Scholar, Editor, a quarterly journal West Virginia Scholars Academy, Woodlands Mountain Institute, Vols. I, II, III, & IV, 1983-1987.
17. "The Makalu Biosphere Proposal", in National Parks and Protected Areas for the Hindu Kush Himalaya, International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development/ International Union for Conservation of Nature, co-author Tirtha B. Shrestha, Kathmandu, Nepal, 1986.
16. "Report on Experiments In Water Quality and Storage" Journal of Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu, Nepal, Vol. 6, No.3, September 1985.
15. "Medical Report From Helambu District", with Mary Frances Wagley, Journal of the Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu, Nepal, Volume 6, No.1, March 1985.
14. The Barun Valley Report, The King Mahendra Trust for Nature Conservation & Woodlands Mountain Institute, Kathmandu, Nepal, 1984.
13. "Medical Report from Tanahu & Parasi Districts", with Henry Taylor, Andrew Dannenburg, Robert Green, .B. Anderson, Shelly Tepper, Journal of the Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu, Nepal, Volume 5, No.2, December 1983.
12. "Medical Report from Baitadi District", with James Alexander, Eleanor English, J. Warren; Upendra Devkota, Journal of the Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu, Nepal, Vol. 5, No. 2, December 1983.
11. "Medical Report from the Buri Gandaki Valley", with Robert Syme, Journal of the Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu, Nepal, Vol. 3, No. 2, September 1981.
10. "Report on Health Conditions in the Manang Valley", with Ron Voorhees, Journal of the Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu, Nepal, Vol. 2, No. 1, March 1980.
9. "Education Beyond the Classroom, An Experiment in Medical Education, Health Survey in Ladakh", with Suraj Gupta and Carl E. Taylor, Indian Journal of Medical Education; New Delhi, India, Volume XVIII, No. 2, July/Dec. 1979.
8. "Health Observations from Northern Humla", with Robert Oertley, Robert Mason, and James Larrick, Journal of the Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu; Volume 1, No. 2; August 1979.
7. "U.S. Medical Students in Nepal", with Carl E. Taylor, Melanie Gibson, William Hubbard, Karen Plager, Henry Taylor, Journal of Medical Education, (New York: Volume 57, No. 7, July 1978).
6. "Population Planning In India & Nepal", with Carl E. Taylor, Growth & Change; University of Kentucky Press, Vol. 7, No. 2; April 1976.
5. Population Education for Nepal, with Hem Hamal (Chapel Hill, NC: Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina Press: 1973).
4. Nepal Country Profile, with Rita Thapa, (New York: The Population Council, Spring 1972).
3. "Population and Development in Nepal", Vasuda, Kathmandu, Nepal, Winter 1970.
2. The Time is Now: An Annotated Bibliography on Population Education, with David Burleson, (New York: Ford Foundation, 1968).
1. "Over the Rohtang," The Himalayan Journal, (Calcutta: Oxford University Press, 1968).